[Update on 5/1) Proven Data is no longer offering free security consultations for small businesses as part of the COVD-19 relief effort. If you are still looking to protect your organization from cyber threats, inquire with our cyber security experts.
As coronavirus continues to take its toll on the worldwide community, Proven Data is offering free security consultations and remote access scans to help small businesses with remote workforces to improve their cybersecurity.
The coronavirus has created an elevated risk for many companies around the world as employees are forced to work remotely. Since the workers will need to access data on the local network remotely, IT personnel will be opening up remote desktop (RDP) access. If this access is not secured properly, ransomware actors will exploit the vulnerability to gain remote access and execute ransomware viruses.
Internal data suggests that over 95% of current ransomware attacks are Initiated via RDP brute-force
Proven Data would like to extend free security consultations and remote access scans to organizations who are having their employees work from home as a result of the coronavirus. With social distancing helping to deter the spread of the virus, employers are allowing their employees to work from the comfort of their homes. Most businesses are unaware of the cyber security threats that are associated with remote work for an organization. If your organization does not regularly allow employees to remotely work, what security policies have you put in place before they leave the office?
- Navigate to http://bit.ly/COVID-19-Relief
- Submit a case on the page
- Book an appointment with the link we provide
- A Proven Data technician will connect for the scheduled appointment
- While on your network, the technician will run scans to check for the vulnerability
- Upon completion, the Proven Data team will send a report detailing their findings
- Recommendations and instructions will be provided to secure the vulnerability
Stay In The Loop
Sign up to stay current with the Cyber Security landscape, data recovery.