ransomware Recovery Experts Ready to Help
Global Ransomware Recovery Services leveraging our proprietary threat intelligence from thousands of previous ransomware cases. We can help restore your data quickly and reliably. Read below to find out why Proven Data has a 98% success rate on previous ransomware recoveries or start your case now.
Ransomware Recovery Process
- Free evaluation
- Determine attack vector & Ransomware Variant
- Evaluate your risk based on proprietary threat intelligence
- Communicate options so you can make informed decisions
- * Digital Forensics Services available to search for data access or hidden malicious files
- Close vulnerability which was exploited to avoid recurring incident if required
- Strengthen security posture *
- Network vulnerability assessment*
- Email sandboxing *
- Employee training *
- ** Cyber Security Services available to mitigate the possibility of future incidents and secure your systems
- Emergency 24x7x365 services with a dedicated engineer
- Streamlined recovery process, minimizing downtime
- Negotiation by experienced ransomware negotiators
- OFAC compliance checks when ransom payments are necessary
- Expedited facilitation of bitcoin ransom
- Modification of poorly functioning or non functioning decrypters
- Extensive troubleshooting experience ensuring we meet our 98% recovery rate
- Free consultation with security architect
- Ransomware prevention and mitigation guide
- Compliance and data recovery documentation
- Guidance where and how to report to law enforcement
Signs You May Have Ransomware
WHY OUR RANSOMWARE RECOVERY SUCCESS RATE IS SO HIGH?
A study conducted by CyberEdge Group of 1,200 IT security decision-makers and practitioners participating from 17 countries and 19 industries found that out of the respondents who were victimized by ransomware and paid the ransom 50% acknowledged complete data loss.
This data highlights the many possibilities something can go wrong. In each of these instances, we have a solution and do not simply give up and leave our clients stranded.
We exhaust each and every option before we deem a case unrecoverable, making data recovery our top priority. Ransomware can be a challenging road to navigate. Stick with a company like Proven Data who worked on thousands of ransomware cases and can navigate the most complex roads.
**Source: CyberEdge Study
**Source: Taken from a random sampling of 200 ransomware cases
Finding the right ransomware Recovery Company
When you go to a surgeon, one of the first questions you ask them is how many surgeries they’ve performed. The same question should be asked when finding a company to represent you through a ransomware crisis. If your data is important to you, you want to make sure you are working with a company that has had success in multitudes of different ransomware incidents. We leverage threat intelligence to guide you every step of the way and maximize the likelihood of success.
Additional Ransomware Recovery Features
The Proven Data Promise
Even though we can recover your data in over 98% of cases, sometimes it’s just not possible. If we cannot recover your data from Ransomware, we will not charge you for our efforts.
Ransomware recovery cases can be unexpected, so expect us to be there whenever ransomware strikes 24/7. Time is critical when it comes to addressing a ransomware incident.
A+ Ransomware Recovery Service
Accredited and independently audited by the BBB, we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards.
HIPAA Compliant Recovery
We utilize HIPAA compliant data recovery processes for all of our clients to guarantee that your data remains safe, secure, and free from prying eyes.
What Can You Do If You Have Ransomware?
We recommend following the steps below if you require data recovery from ransomware.
- Do not turn off your computer as it may cause permanent data loss. If digital forensic services are required, it is critical to preserve evidence in memory.
- Document any relevant information pertaining to the nature of the ransomware (pop messgaes, name of ransomware, etc.) The FBI asks for the following:
- Company Point of Contact
- The name of the variant if known
- Approximate date/time of the attack
- A copy or photo of the demand note or splash screen
- The file extension of encrypted files
- The file naming scheme for the ransom note/readme file left behind by attacker
- Any email addresses or URL or other method provided by the attacker for communications
- Required payment methods – Bitcoin addresses if known at this time etc.
- Amount demanded if known
- Electronic copies If possible for communications if they have already taken place
- Check for backups or shadow copies & restore from backups.
- Report the crime: https://www.provendatarecovery.com/report-ransomware-crime/
- Recreate your data from scratch
- Back up the encrypted data and wait for a solution in the future as a decrypter could be publicly released at some point.
- Should you pay the ransom?
The FBI’s official statement on ransomware: “The FBI does not advocate paying a ransom, in part because it does not guarantee an organization will regain access to its data. In some cases, victims who paid a ransom were never provided with decryption keys. In addition, due to flaws in the encryption algorithms of certain malware variants, victims may not be able to recover some or all of their data even with a valid decryption key.Paying ransoms emboldens criminals to target other organizations and provides an alluring and lucrative enterprise to other criminals. However, the FBI understands that when businesses are faced with an inability to function, executives will evaluate all options to protect their shareholders, employees, and customers.
Regardless of whether you or your organization have decided to pay the ransom, the FBI urges you to report ransomware incidents to law enforcement. Doing so provides investigators with the critical information they need to track ransomware attackers, hold them accountable under U.S. law, and prevent future attacks.”
If you determine that paying the ransom is a necessity to your business, doing so responsibly, while eliminating the possibility of the threat actor coming back and encrypting your data is essential. Utilizing our threat intelligence from previous cases, we determine the risk level of the specific ransomware variant to see if the threat actor makes good on his promise to deliver decryption keys, there is a chance for file corruption, or if the ransom payment is ending up in the wrong hands by investigating the threat actor through our OFAC Compliance Program.
- Contact Proven Data ransomware recovery services by opening a ransomware recovery case here or call toll free at 877-364-5161.
Our Streamlined Detailed Ransomware Recovery Process
We’ve developed a streamlined process that works to get your business operational as soon as possible, investigating the current incident, removing the ransomware / back doors on the target system, while helping prevent future instances of ransomware. Here is how we deal with ransomware on your network:
- Identify the ransomware variant by performing a free remote evaluation on your network. Once the ransomware family has been identified, and we gather information, we provide you with a quote for the successful restoration of your data. Some companies are required by law to disclose data breaches and a ransomware incident can be considered a data breach if files are accessed or transmitted. Medical organizations are required by the US Department of Health and Human Services to determine a low probability for data access via an investigation. Our ransomware digital forensic team specializes in these investigations and can provide answers to determine if data was accessed or transferred outside your network. See our Digital Forensics Services for more information.
- We provide all your options regarding the specific ransomware variant utilizing our proprietary threat intelligence from the front lines. Once the quote is approved, we provide information on how to close the vulnerability that was exploited by the hacker or we can do it for you for an added fee. See our Cyber Security Services.
- Decrypt your data using any means necessary including paying the ransom demand if required. Please note Proven Data’s statement on paying demands as indicated by our terms of service: “PD DOES NOT CONDONE OR SUPPORT PAYING THE PERPETRATOR’S DEMANDS AS THEY MAY BE USED TO SUPPORT OTHER NEFARIOUS CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, AND THERE IS NEVER ANY GUARANTEE TO OBTAIN THE KEYS, OR IF OBTAINED, THEY MAY NOT WORK. UNFORTUNATELY, SOME CASES MAY REQUIRE THE PAYMENT OF THE DEMAND IN HOPES OF OBTAINING THE MEANS TO DECRYPT YOUR DATA. PROVEN DATA WILL ALWAYS DISCLOSE IF THE RANSOM IS THE ONLY OPTION TO OUR CLIENTS IN THE SPIRIT OF FULL TRANSPARENCY. AS A LAST RESORT OPTION, PD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PAY THE DEMAND FOR THE PURPOSE OF RESTORING BUSINESS FUNCTIONALITY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- You will have 5 days to verify your data. Once you’ve verified your data, we will send you a detailed e-book that includes helpful tips that will mitigate your chances of falling victim to another attack in the future.
- Speak with one of our Cyber Security specialist for a free Q&A consultation.
Proven Data has extensive recovering from the following ransomware families:
- Dharma Ransomware
Download Free Cyber RISK Whitepaper
Our proprietary whitepaper, 360° Cyber Security Resiliency, helps readers understand the risks associated with data collection and better strategies to protect this information. The 10-page guide is free to download and we recommend sharing with employees at your organization.
We’ve recovered data from all major hard drive & server manufacturers and all data loss scenarios. We pride ourselves on industry leading success rates of 98%!
We know how to prevent cyber attacks because we’ve provided support for thousands of cyber incidents. Let us help you protect your business with industry leading tools and proprietary threat intelligence.
Certified digital forensic examiners experienced in investigations for ransomware, data breaches, and employee misconduct.
Free Ransomware Data Recovery Evaluation
If you or your business have contracted ransomware, we're here to help. To open up a new ransomware removal or data recovery case click here or you may contact us toll-free at 877-364-5161.
More Data Recovery Services:
24/7 expedited emergency data recovery when you need it. Includes nights and weekends. Contact us today for immediate service.
If your business server goes down which contains your mission critical data, contact the server data recovery experts at Proven Data.
We’re equipped to handle any RAID recovery scenario. We’ve recovered data on some of the most sophisticated RAID arrays from all major manufacturers.
Accidentally delete files or reformat your hard drive? It’s happened to all of us. There is no need to worry as we have the expertise to recover what was once lost.
When your laptops stop working or if your internal laptop hard drive fails, laptop data recovery is something we specialize in.
Did your external hard drive fail and need data recovered? We are here to help with all of your external hard drive recovery needs.
We understand that sentimental memories in photos cannot be replaced so we routinely invest in more ways to recover your photos.
When your Apple computer fails or even if you have a Mac formatted hard drive, we are capable of handling all levels of mac data recovery.
When SD Cards fail, we have the tools and expertise to recover your valuable data. We’ve performed data recovery on thousands of SD Cards.